Saturday, September 22, 2012

Twilight Movie Theme

Twilight Movie Theme

Every good movie deserves a cake in its honor!!!  Here are some twilight cakes and cupcakes I made!

The apple on top of the cake is made with rice crispy treats!  I make the treats according to the box, let them cool then mold it into the shape I want.  After that I paint on melted chocolate so all the holes are filled in.  After the chocolate is dry I then take a vegetable grater and go over the whole thing to smooth it all out.  Then the apples is covered in fondant!  I do not think they were talking about my apples when they said "An apple a day keeps the doctor away!"  but they sure are good!

All of the toppers are made of fondant.  Each style represents the covers of each of the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment