Sunday, September 30, 2012

Female Birthday Cakes

Flowers, Birds and Butterflies

All women love flowers!  I have become a pro at making flowers out of gum paste and fondant!  The gum paste hardens into a ceramic like texture so they can last forever!  Its a great way to put someones wedding flowers on an anniversary cake or just celebrating Spring!

The flower and tree decorations on this cake were made in a mold.  Its a silicone mold made by Wilton.  You just press your fondant into it and pop it out!  The butterflies were made in a sugar sheet press.  I rolled out the gum past real thin then punched it through.  I then let the butterflies dry in a taco holder so they look like they are flying!

Gerber Daises were this girls favorite flower!  It was a spring birthday so we made them in pastel colors!


My moms favorite flower is a hydrangea so thats what she got for mothers day!


These flowers are carnations made with brighter colors to add some visual interest.  The dots took about 6 hours to do!  I started with one row with the saturated color and kept adding a little white to give the gradation effect!  Really amazing!


This cake was for my neighbors Ethel and Harry!  They celebrated their 42nd anniversary this year.  Daisies were there wedding flower.  Their wedding colors were pink, blue and yellow :)


It is a little hard to tell from the picture but the hummingbird is on a wire suspending above the cake.  This gave it the impression that it is hovering like hummingbirds do!  


This is a cake I made for my sisters 30th!  She loves Poppies - that was the theme for the party.  I hand painted all the poppies on the cake then added some handmade gum paste poppies to give it a 3-D embellishment!


 Here is a Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese frosting.  Courtney loves red so my imagination went from there!

A nice simple birthday cake with flowers and butterflies!






No comments:

Post a Comment