Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wedding Cakes

Wedding Cakes!

Well its that time of  year again! Wedding season! Cake is a huge part of a wedding!  There are two main parts of a wedding reception that focus just on the couples!  Their first dance and the cutting of the cake!  

Here is a wedding cake I made for a black and white themed wedding!  Each of the flowers are hand made out of gum paste.  The black swirled ribbons are cut from sugar sheets!  Everything on the cake is edible!


This is a cake I made for a  co-worker of mine!  They had a small wedding party at their house a few weeks after they got married.  They did not need a huge cake but there is no reason why they couldn't have a fancy one!

This cake I made for a sweet young couple!  Their flower was the blue hydrangea which I especially love! That was actually my flower for my wedding 5 years ago as well!

Here is a lovely beach themed wedding cake.  The couple got married down in Charleston.  The cake had a topper added at the wedding with some more sand and shells added to the top.  Super cute.  Love the ombre icing!


Isn't this cake darling!  Each of those flowers are handmade and color is added with edible powder!  I got the topper at Micheals.  The bride and groom did not want fondant so I just etched the lines out of the icing and added silver balls from the candy store.  

Here are some matching cupcakes for the same wedding.  Everyone has to get some chocolate in somehow!




No comments:

Post a Comment