Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Batman

Batman Cakes

Well as most of you know there is the old style of batman and the new style.  The old style is more comic book like with the silly stunts and visual sound effects.  The new style is more cartoon like.  I have made cakes with both likenesses. 

Here is the new style.  We added a plastic batman figurine to this cake because the child was 3 and we thought it would be more visually appealing to him.

Here is the older styling.  

I also made some cookies to match!  I made a basic soft sugar cookie for the base.  Then I mixed confectioner sugar with a few drops of water and dying this different colors.  I left it pretty thick and painted it on!


This was my first attempt at cake pops!  When I am modeling a cake I take all the scrapes and put them in a Ziploc with some icing.  I can then take that out when I need cake pops.  Let it thaw a bit, mix it together then roll it in balls!  Works perfect, reduces waist and they have the most amazing taste!


Here is another batman cake for an adult.  Love how this came out!





No comments:

Post a Comment