Sunday, January 20, 2013

Christmas

Christmas

    Tis the season for sweets!  For me Christmas is all about presentation.  I spend hours decorating my house, wrapping gifts super special and of course baking cookies and decorating cakes!  


Here is my Ugly Christmas sweater cake :)


This was my first attempt at Petite Fours.  They were very time consuming but turned out really pretty.  You make a poured fondant for the shell as appose to fondant or icing for a regular cake.  Here is the basic steps in a nut shell - 
1- make a one layer cake and cover with a thin layer of icing just on the top of the cake
2-freeze
3- cut in 1 inch squares
4-freeze
5- make poured fondant 
6- cover each frozen square with the poured fondant 
7-dry on cooling rack
8- decorate with butter cream frosting


No comments:

Post a Comment